Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it...

I'm ENGAGED....to the most amazing, Godly man!!! I can't believe I am so lucky to be marrying such an incredible guy!!!!
The story...
So after a busy day of shopping and working out, I went to church and ate dinner with the parentals and some church friends then headed to the youth service to see Steve and my 'little ducklings' from the youth group that I was a counselor for this summer. I stayed around talking to them and Kim (the other youth associate's wife) for a while then Steve (very calmly) asked if I wanted to go look at Christmas lights. That had kinda been the plan for the week so I was excited! I LOVE Christmas lights!!! So he was rambling about something on the way to the car and ended up asking me like 3 times if I had been to the gym and I was finally like "yes Stephen for the 3rd time I went to the gym today" I laughed at him and was like "goodness its not like you have anything big on your mind silly' oh little did I know!!! So being the fatty that I am I was starving and wanted ice cream from Sonic on our little Christmas light adventure. So we casually stopped at sonic (in the mean time Steve is texting the gang to tell them we had to make a pit stop haha!) He opted that we start looking at the lights on the square...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the square so I was all for that! We pulled up and it was gorgeous!!! Every tree covered in lights...pretty much a fairy tale. When I got out of the car I actually told him I felt like I was in a movie it was so pretty!
(This does NOT do it justice...it was breathe taking!)
Despite the fact that it was FREEZING, I put on Steve's coat (I didn't know I would be walking in the cold so I didn't bring one) we got out of the car and began to walk around the square. Steve is still completely calm!!! I had told myself a week or two before that I would know when he was proposing cause he would be nervous and he really can't lie BUT he completely pulled it off...I had NO flipping clue till he was down on one knee and even then I kept asking 'is this for real?"
We walked up to this HUGE tree and of cause me, I began rambling about that. I sure at this point he just wanted to say 'shut up about the tree'! But he didn't, as always he was very patient with me! He finally grabbed my hand and walked me to the foot of the stairs...I'm such an idiot and still do not notice what awaited me in the gazebo. He grabbed my/his coat and pulled me close to him and just looked at me and told me that he loved me!! That was the first time he told me that and the first time he had ever said it to a girlfriend (pretty freaking big deal!) I kinda thought he woudln't say that till he proposed because its such a big deal but I thought, "aww...that was sweet that he brought me here to make that really special!" He told me he loved me again with all his heart. He then grabbed my hand and I think this might be when he got a little nervous and where I began to freak out. He walked me up the stairs of the gazebo into the middle of a circle of white candles and white rose petals (BEAUTIFUL) and before I knew it he was down on one knee and asking me to marry him!!! It was really a blur from that moment but I think I caught a few statements that he said. He told me he coudln't live without me and he wanted me to be his wife. (I GET TO BE HIS WIFE!!!! AHHHH!!!!!) He told me that a lot of things will change, our looks, our locations, but one thing that won't change is my love for you!" Again I'm still going 'is this for real'! He then lifted up the ring box and asked me to marry him and I said "YES I WILL"!!! crazy!! It felt like I was dreaming...still kinda does!!

He then pulled out his bible and read a passage (Matthew 7:24-25) that talks about the wise man building his house on the rock and when the storms come it will not fall. And he said how he wanted us to build our family on the rock and that as believers we are called as a couple to build on relationship on the Lord and when the winds and storms come we will not fall. How blessed am I to have such a Godly man in my life to be the spiritual leader of our family!!!! INCREDIBLE!!! I can not begin to be thankful enough for him! After that the secret photographer and videographer came out and my parents and some good family friends!! It was the BEST night EVER!!!!!!!!! I could not have written a more perfect engagement story!!!

I'm so excited I get to spend the rest of my life with Stephen Foster Short!!!! :)

1 comment:

l cummins said...

Ryan and I were "Couple Spotlight" in Sunday School a couple of weeks ago...we had a list of several questions to answer about our life - one being, "How did he propose?". He didn't...but that's beside the point. What an amazing story you'll be able to tell for the rest of your life! Great job, Steve...and welcome to the family!