Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 20, 2013

The day before...

I meant to post this last Saturday but somehow it didn't post...here it is anyway...

A year go I was 38 weeks pregnant with a terrible cough and cold. I even thought I had strep and had a strep test done the day before only to find out it was not, but all I could take was warm tea and chloroceptic spray. I felt terrible but little did I know what was coming. By that Friday afternoon I was feeling better but Steve was off work so we decided to stay in our PJ's all day and watch movies. What started out with me being sick turned out to be an enjoyble, relaxing day with my hubby. I made tacos and queso for dinner and decided we'd go to bed to watch our final movie of the night. I can't even remember the title but I remember it wasn't very good, kinda silly but somehow I started crying during it (crazy preggo hormones). By the time the movie was over I was a basket case...tears flowing, sobbing on and on (poor Steve didn't know what was wrong with me since the movie was suppose to be a comedy not a sad sob story). Steve and I stayed up late talking, with me crying here and there about not not feeling ready or prepared for the drastic change that was about to take place in our lives. I was ready to meet my precious baby of course, but this sudden since of "I have no clue what I doing" overwhelmed me. I wasn't worried about labor or delivery I was worried about the next 60+ years of having a child to care for, teach, nurture, feed, clothe, bathe, I mean the list could go on and on right! What if I was a bad mom, what if I didn't know what to do when he cried? The questions and worries were endless. Steve, as he always does, calmed me down and we prayed. I think I just needed time to admit I had no clue what I was getting into and how desperately I needed the Lord to lead and guide me. Thankfully, I was calm enough to fall asleep. After all I had another week before my planned induction. We can relax and enjoy these last few days tougher right?
Little did I know as I closed by eyes that night around midnight that in 4 1/2 more hours I would awaken to my water breaking, we'd rush to the hospital and 7 hours later my sweet baby boy would be in my arms...

No comments: