Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thoughts for the day...

This week marks the end of my college career! Its really hard to believe!! Sometimes it feels like just yesterday I was dragging my stuff up the Veil staircase to meet my new roommate in our lovely new home...but then there are moments like today where I think of all that has occured in the past 4 years and I'm blown away! 4 years ago at this time I was sitting in my beautiful home in Mississippi writing a graduation speech and preparing for my senior mission trip with my class, with not a care in the world other than what to wear for graduation...3 years ago at this time I was packing up my room to send some of it to my grandparents house in Mississippi, some to my parents in Virginia, and a large suitcase to head with me to Camp Ozark in the middle of no-where Arkansas where I would spend most of the summer...2 years ago at this time I was packing up to head to Virginia only to get there in time to help my parents pack up and move to Memphis....1 year ago at this time I was quickly packing my room in order to get home and take care of my sick mommy (thankfully at that time, I did not know what all would be in store for that summer!), and now, as I sit in a half empty room, I am once again packing...packing to move out of college and into a brand new phase of life...MARRIAGE and MINISTRY...the ministry of being a wife, the ministry of (hopefully) a teacher, and the ministry of being a minister's wife (say that 3 times fast!) It all seems so surreal sometimes and despite feeling a little overwhelmed at moments of all the uncertainties that lay ahead, I am extremely grateful for this next new phase and looking forward to the rest of my life as Mrs. Stephen Foster Short!!! :)

Its been an interesting and exciting 4 years with LOTS of challenges and blessings...makes me wonder what I will be writing the next time I stop to look back.......

No comments: