Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where is the summer going????

Well its been about a month since my last post and let me just tell you...its been a crazy month!! First off, we are 31 days from THE day...yes thats right people 31 days (I would calculate in hours but I don't have the time). 
Let's see where I left off....I GRADUATED!!!  Steve came over and that Friday and we moved Adam into his and Amy's new apartment then a family dinner at Olive Garden...my favorite!!  Saturday was one stinkin HOT day but a good one! But after listening to the other 900 people's names called out I got my own chance to walk across that stage....a little over-rated but still exciting!  Then a few picture in the blazing sun and we were off to Jim-n-nicks...another one of my favorites!! Steve and I packed the rest of my stuff and I said goodbye to the sorority house...my lovely home for the past 3 years!  Steve and I had a fun drive back and actually drove past our Memphis exit cause we were so engaged in conversation...yes we are still that in love that we can just talk and loose track of where we are!  


Once back in Memphis we finished getting things together for Adam and Amy's wedding then I was quickly back in the 'ham.  Their wedding was BEAUTIFUL!!! Everyone had such a great time and we are so excited for them to start their life together!


The next week was spent prepping for Mission Trip with Steve but we also signed the lease for our new apartment!!!!  Our very first home and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
Not much time to celebrate the new home before we were back to working for mission trip.  It took a lot of work to get everything together but once in Ohio things went really smoothly...Steve did such a GREAT job leading his first mission trip!  I was so proud of him!!  And despite him being in charge of 70 students and 12 adults, we were able to sneak away for about 30 minutes for a Steak-n-Shake milkshake!!  We REALLY missed our alone time and were grateful for even the little moments like the rides to carry the trash to the main building...you'd be surprised the things you'll be thankful for!  Overall the trip went wonderfully and I LOVED getting to know the youth group!!!  

I had to fly back a little early to make it to Mississippi for my bridal shower.  What a fun day...although exhausted it was still GREAT!!  


Then on to Vacation Bible School...which was another fun-filled week!  I had a awesome group and amazing co-leaders!  We were called Team Awesome...yeah thats right...and awesome we were!!


 On Wednesday though I had a job interview....God was so good and allowed it to go wonderfully!! Its probably not my first choice in schools because its quite a ways away from our new apartment but it would be a job. They told me I would hear back from them in a week or so but they actually called me the next day and offered me a job!!  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!! :) :)  I haven't signed the contract yet but its pretty set in stone.  They emailed me this week and let me know I'll be teaching Kindergarten!!  The Lord has really answered our prayers!!! 
There continues to be worries...like new teacher training week the week of our honeymoon but I'm learning/trying to trust in God that he always works things out for His glory!!  

Ok I think that officially updates things....We continue to wedding plan and school plan...and are on a major countdown to the wedding day!!  31 days!! We can't wait!!!!!


No comments: