Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

1 year :)

July 24, 2011
Its hard to believe Steve and I have been married a whole year...where did the time go! I'll be honest, there were some rough days with me being a first year teacher, Steve starting seminary plus all the adjustments to be married, but its been wonderful! I am so blessed to be married to a man who loves me and provides for me. He is probably the most caring person I have ever met! I couldn't even dream of marrying a guy that looks after me so much...I'm one lucky girl!
Ok enough with the lovely dovey...on to our anniversary celebration...
First I have to say that we went on another two week stretch of not being at home so any type of alone time with my hubby was sounding pretty good to me!
We had middle school camp 2 weeks ago - it was AWESOME! Hopefully I will have time to blog about that but no guarantees since school starts tomorrow...yes thats right the dreaded word 'school', but we won't dwell on that for now. I drove back from camp on Friday, unpacked, washed, and repacked for us to head out Sunday morning for my very first "Short" family vacation....another blog post coming about that as well :)
So now to the anniversary...we spent most of Saturday saying "this is the last time we'll ever be able to say 'last year at this time I was single'". So Sunday Steve had to wake up early to finish studying for his lesson...I rolled over about 6:30 to found him still in the bed...my first reponse was 'honey do you know what time it is?" His response was "yes baby, its ok...Happy Anniversary'. He is so thoughtful even when I am NOT!! Although I'm sure he could have jumped out of bed to get ready for a busy morning instead he took the time to say something so sweet....I think he's a keeper :)
After church we went to Longhorn for lunch where we had our very first date! It was really fun to reminisce of what we talked about and how nervous we both were.
Then we headed home and were going to pack for our night out but instead we decided to watch our wedding video at the exact same time we got married last year :) It was very special to sit with him and watch...I was quite giddy but also a little emotional. It was such a perfect day!! And it was a great reminder to live up to the vows we promised each other. I have failed so much but thankfully he forgives me as we are both learning to 'Think of others better than ourselves" as Christ commands us to do. After lots of ooey-gooey giddy moments that I'll leave out, we packed up and headed to the Peabody where we stayed last year on our wedding night. It was so fun to relive those feelings as we drove off from our wedding knowing we were husband and wife. Its an incredible feeling! :) We got to the peabody just in time to see the ducks - it was really fun!!

When we got to the room, room service arrived we chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecake...MY FAVORITE!!! We exchanged gifts too - first anniversary theme is 'paper' so I got Steve tickets to a Rascal Flatts concert. For almost 2 years now its been on our bucket list to attend a country concert and here it is!! :)
Steve got me tickets to see Les Miserables!!!! I was shocked! I mentioned it to him about 2 months ago but thought it'd be too expensive...somehow my amazing hubster find a cheaper matinée so we get to go!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

For Dinner we went to this place called The Majestic. It used to be the old movie theater. It was so so neat! Here we are on our way there....
Although I'd love to blog more about the neat dinner place we went to, our the romantic walk in the peabody but my lesson plans are calling my name!! So to sum it up...we had a very special and fun anniversary...I have the absolute BEST husband...I'm blessed to be his wife...can't wait for the next 75 years together!!! :)

No comments: