Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Let the battle begin...

This summer - wow! Its been a bit crazy for me and my family! First my mom has had a migraine headache since about May 1st due to her fibro-mialga (which is a muscle disease). And today after a biopsy on Tuesday, we found out she has breast cancer. If a heart can stop without you dying I think mine did today. We knew there was a chance this could be what the abnormal group of cells were, but we had just prayed this would not be the case. God had different plans. And I'm not gonna be all 'churchy', I'm frustrated and have fought back tears most of the night but I know I can still trust God. He does have a plan even though I don't understand it at all! I think in a matter of about 30 minutes (from the beginning of the doctor's call till we finished getting out all the details) I asked to switch places about 1000 times. "I can handle it" I told God. "I'm in good health I don't have a muscle disease, I work out almost every day, I haven't had a head-ache for 8 weeks, I could go through surgery and radiation. Take it out of her and put it in me. I have a fighting attitude, bring it on" "I could do it" Thats just it - "I" think "I" could do it. Mom can't...its going to be completely God that gets her through all this! Her muscle disease makes everything 10 times more painful. All we can do is depend on God and his strength, his comfort, his peace during this journey.
Right now the battle seems overwhelming but I pray that God gives my mom the strength, encouragement, and energy she needs day to day. Tonight she needs a good nights sleep and protection from Satan's attempt to consume her thoughts. Help her Lord, to take captive every thought and help us to be the encouragment she needs to point her to the Rock that she can lean on!!

No comments: