Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thankful for the little things...

We are day 5 of the battle and things are looking up! Thank you Lord! After a terrible head-ache and weekend, Sunday was a much better day for my mom! My grandparents came up on Saturday - against my mother's wishes however, but we thought it would be best to have a little support and a cancer survivor in the house! My grandfather had cancer 11 years ago and even with his artifical leg still plays golf almost every day. I think God used him to encourage mom to get up and fight! Today we found out the surgery (lumpectomy) will be August 14th. She has pre-op this Friday and we will be praying all blood work and test go well and we'll be good to go for next Friday. In the mean time we are living it up (as my mom says!) Of course we are taking it easy but today we were able to go to Hobby Lobby and to Walgreens. Maybe a little sad but I'm so thankful we were able to get out. And Monday we had a BIG day - lunch at our favorite little restaurant on the square, followed by a quick trip to the mall for mom to get a journal and I got a sun-dress, and topped off by a trip to the Vera Bradley store! It was so great to have a girls day with my mom and Meme! My prayer is that it won't be too much longer till we have another girls day but reality says it just might be.
But with high hopes and good attitudes we face this week! Thank you Lord for lifting our spirits for the little things like playing 'banana-grams' with the family! :) He is our strength and shield and the giver of every gift - even trips to the Vera Bradley store and strawberry milkshakes!! :)

No comments: